Monday, July 26, 2010

the bromance

I'm a girl but I do loves the bromance. I read an article once that said all movies that are not straight action, "shoot em up" are actually chick flicks in disguise.
But then all of a sudden along comes the so-called "bromance" - some kinda hybrid - might actually touch on feelings in a guy kinda way but all wrapped up in some rude and super funny humour.

I'll start back a number of years ago with one of my favourite movies of all time: "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles". "how about those bears?" I love, love, love this movie still. I can watch it over and over and laugh every time but then cry at the end when Steve Martin discovers John Candy still sitting alone at the train station.

Of course, fast forwarding a couple of decades... we have Judd Apatow and gang bringing the bromance to a whole new level of outrageously goofball "they did not just do that" hilariously funny and yet always with something thoughtful subtly woven in among the not so subtle guy antics. Most recently "Get Him to the Greek". I realize I'm late to the party posting this but seriously get yourself to this movie if you're looking for lots of laugh-out-loud moments.

I'm now waiting for "The Other Guys" - with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg and co-written and directed by Adam McKay. I giggle every time I see the trailer. Again, I might be a girl but I'll take a Will Ferrell or a Seth Rogen bromance over a traditional rom-com any day. (I still haven't seen Bride Wars and hope I never do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment